Database utility is a handy tool to edit any database object created by data dictionary objects. It acts as an interface between ABAP Dictionary and underlying RDBMS. Amongst its utilities, following are notable –
- Change a database object based on changed requirement
- Activate database objects
- Create/Delete/Change table and indexes
- Mass processing and obtaining logs of mass processing
Navigation – SE14 or SE11 -> Utilities -> Database Utility
Upon creating a database utility, it provides three database operations and three processing types.
Database operation –
- Create Database table
- Delete Database table
- Activate & Adjust Database Table – option save and delete data
Processing type –
- Direct – foreground processing
- Enter for mass processing – used to process a large volume of data
Irrespective of success or failure of the process, logs are created which are very helpful in identifying issues in case of failure.